WDHS BAND PARENTS MINUTES
MARCH 7, 2017
Call to order @ 6:30 pm by Dave Errthum.
- Correction to 2/6/17 Minutes: Elinor Johll was accepted in the UNI School of Music Program. Approval of Corrected Minutes by Brenda, seconded by Jill.
- Discussed budget categories; see handout from meeting.
- Trimester: Third trimester begins tomorrow. The student teacher, Mr. Guerra, will start this week.
- Mt. Mercy Band and Choir: Performing during band class on Friday.
- Spring Concert: Concert Band and Big Band will perform. Featured artist is Mr. Waymire on French horn.
- Jazz Night: March 17 at 6:30 pm. No admission. DMS Jazz Band, WDHS Big Band and Fusion Band will be performing. The raffle baskets will be on display with winner drawn that evening.
- Tuxes: Five tuxes and 20 cumberbands were purchased from Gordon’s Toggery.
- Featured Composer: Darryl Johnson will be at March 27 band class to work with students.
- Fine Arts Booster Club: Band’s next goal is to replace some of the school-owned instruments.
- Edgewood Locker Fundraiser: Orders are turned in; given to Edgewood; waiting for delivery date.
- 2017-2018 Fundraiser Calendar: Dave, Jill and Mike are working on this.
- Raffle Baskets: Will display at spring concert. Jill will be creating flyer so students can sell raffle tickets. Winners drawn at Jazz Band Concert.
- Vintage WDHS Marching Band Uniforms: They are for sale. Mike is working on advertising this.
- Concession Stand: Most recent payment to band was in November 2016.
- Musical: April 21, 22, 23.
- WD Band Invitational: September 2017. Invites going out this week to schools.
- Band Trip: Discussed band trip ideas for 2019.
- WDHS Band and Color Guard Facebook: Converted to public site. At end of school year, Arlene Werner and Angie Sorrell will be assisting with this.
- Script: Tara Beitzel will be taking on this duty.
- Monday, April 3, 2017, at 7 pm.
Meeting Adjourned at 7:22 pm